Support our show by checking out our sponsors! BetterHelp is a convenient platform that allows you to connect with a licensed professional counselor in a secure and private online environment. UC Irvine Division of Continuing Education’s 100% online courses offer convenience and flexibility and a real immersive online classroom experience + collaboration.
For exclusive discounts and promo codes, listen to the episode or visit EditYourLifeShow.com.
Given how much we communicate through texts, GIFs, and public status updates, it may seem archaic to send postal mail. But there’s science-backed power behind the act of expressing gratitude through handwritten letters. In Episode 183, Christine talks to Nancy Davis Kho about her new book, The Thank-You Project: Cultivating Happiness One Letter of Gratitude at a Time. Christine and Nancy talk about the science of gratitude, whether or not to send letters, gratitude and forgiveness, nostalgia traps, and the power of playlists.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Parent Hacks (Asha’s book)
- The Thank-You Project: Cultivating Happiness One Letter of Gratitude at a Time by Nancy Davis Kho
- Midlife Mixtape (Nancy’s podcast)
- Greater Good Science Center at Berkeley: Nancy’s recommendation for resources on the power of positive psychology
- Edit Your Life Show Episode 179: Dumpster Fire Survival 101
- Nancy’s playlists on Spotify
Question Of The Week
Who is a person in your community who you don’t know personally that you’d want to issue a thank you letter to and why? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page—look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page.