Support our show by checking out our sponsors! BetterHelp is a convenient platform that allows you to connect with a licensed professional counselor in a secure and private online environment. UC Irvine Division of Continuing Education’s 100% online courses offer convenience and flexibility and a real immersive online classroom experience + collaboration.
For exclusive discounts and promo codes, listen to the episode or visit EditYourLifeShow.com.
Food is so much more than food during the holidays…it’s tradition and celebration and socializing and family dynamics and everything that comes with that. It’s a big story to tell and in Episode 184, Christine and Asha talk about the end-of-summer meltdown that led Christine to tackle her hobbling physical dumpster fire self with a 16-point plan of action. Christine and Asha talk about Christine’s anti-inflammatory detox; specifically, how she got started, what she has cut, added, and substituted, how she handled the holidays, what happens when you eat differently than your family, the emotional impact of these changes, and the physical effects of the detox.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Parent Hacks (Asha’s book)
- Christine’s 16 things end-of-summer reset post
- Christine’s OOFOS recovery sandals
- Instagram video of Christine and her Mom dancing at Thanksgiving
- Joanne Chang’s Pastry Love cookbook (Christine made the lime cream pie + s’mores pie for Thanksgiving)
- The cheesy monkey bread Christine made but didn’t eat
- The Koh family Thanksgiving potluck
- HuffPost piece: It’s OK That I Don’t Drink. It’s Not OK That You Ask Why
- Romper piece on drinking less during the holidays
- NIH facts and stats on alcohol consumption
Question Of The Week
What’s a favorite healthy recipe that you enjoy? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page—look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page.