Support our show by visiting our sponsors! Laurel Springs is an accredited, online private school for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. Kyrgies is a purveyor of indoor shoes made of handcrafted wool felt by artisans in Kyrgyzstan. BetterHelp is a convenient platform that allows you to connect with a licensed professional counselor in a secure and private online environment. For exclusive discounts and promo codes, listen to the episode or visit EditYourLifeShow.com.
We’re nearly a month past Valentine’s Day, which means it’s possible your focus on romance has completely evaporated! In Episode 191, Christine and guest Thien-Kim Lam talk about how to prioritize romance and connection in the face of limited time and money, the importance of tuning in to one another’s love languages, and how to prime yourself for happy connection via self-care, letting go of date night pressure, and romance books.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Parent Hacks (Asha’s book)
- I’m Not The Nanny (Thien-Kim’s blog)
- Bawdy Bookworms (Thien-Kim’s subscription service)
- Thien-Kim’s book deal announcement
- Christine’s Instagram post about embracing romance books
- Christine’s February reads roundup (which includes 3 fabulous romance book recommendations)
- Love Languages quiz
- Thien-Kim’s book recommendations: Come As You Are by Emily Nagoski + Love Lettering by Kate Clayborn
- Christine’s examples of “spicy” level by authors Helen Hoang: The Bride Test, The Kiss Quotient (high spice) Jasmine Guillory: The Wedding Date (medium spice), Christina Lauren: The Unhoneymooners (mild spice)
- TODAY: Romance novels are turning a page into the modern era
- Thien-Kim’s recent book pick: The Worst Best Man by Mia Sosa (high spice!)
- Thien-Kim’s recommended romance book blogs and podcasts: Love in Panels, Smexy Books, Smart Bitches Trashy Books, RomBkPod
- Romance books for 2020 (BuzzFeed roundup)
Question Of The Week
What’s one of your favorite ways to carve out time for your relationship? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page—look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page.