Support our show by visiting our sponsors! BetterHelp is a convenient platform that allows you to connect with a licensed professional counselor in a secure and private online environment. Musely is revolutionizing custom prescription skincare by making it affordable and accessible to everyone. Kyrgies is a purveyor of indoor shoes made of handcrafted wool felt by artisans in Kyrgyzstan. For exclusive discounts and promo codes, listen to the episode or visit EditYourLifeShow.com.
The upcoming 2020 U.S. election is a turning point for our future. But when your mind and heart is already breaking under the weight of today’s news, how do you find the energy—or even the willingness—to do more? In Episode 192, Christine and Asha acknowledge the political overwhelm most of us feel, and share small, simple, and even silent things you can do (beyond voting) to increase your election impact. This is an open-hearted and practical conversation about how to express your values through your political engagement, with options for everyone, no matter what your time, experience, or personality.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Parent Hacks (Asha’s book)
- Edit Your Life Episode 184: The Mechanics + Emotions of Food Edits (when Asha interviewed Christine)
- Here’s What to Do if You Hate the Democratic Nominee (Buzzfeed)
- Related episodes: Episode 86: Managing Political Stress, Episode 103: Interview with Amy McGrath
- Start a Democracy Club (Asha’s book club model for political participation)
- Swing Left (donate/volunteer to support an election strategy for flipping state legislatures, the US Senate and the Presidency)
- Sister District Project (similar to Swing Left, but focused on state legislatures)
- Postcards to Voters (write personal, handwritten postcards to voters in other states to inspire them to vote)
- Vote Forward (similar to Postcards to Voters, but writing personalized template letters)
- Extrovert Christine’s favorite shirt: Smash The Patriarchy + Introvert Christine’s Favorite Shirt: Humans Exhaust Me
Question Of The Week
How do you plan to increase your impact on the 2020 election? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page—look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page.