Support our show by visiting our sponsors! Laurel Springs is an accredited, online private school for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. BetterHelp is a convenient platform that allows you to connect with a licensed professional counselor in a secure and private online environment. Kyrgies is a purveyor of indoor shoes made of handcrafted wool felt by artisans in Kyrgyzstan. For exclusive discounts and promo codes, listen to the episode or visit EditYourLifeShow.com.
No matter where you fall on the introvert-extrovert scale, social distancing is just not normal compared to how we humans usually operate. In Episode 194, Christine and Asha share ideas for how to cope with social distancing. They talk about the importance of prioritizing privacy and solitude, different ways to connect with individuals, and creative ways to connect within your neighborhood.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Parent Hacks (Asha’s book)
- Platforms for visual connection: Zoom, WhatsApp, Marco Polo
- Christine’s Zoom background thread
- Christine and her daughters’ sidewalk chalk messages
- Christine’s Mom, social distancing like a boss
- Postcards to Voters (listen to Episode 192: Increase Your Election Impact When You’re Exhausted)
Question Of The Week
What’s giving you comfort as you adjust to social distancing? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page—look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page.