Support our show by visiting our sponsors! BetterHelp is a convenient platform that allows you to connect with a licensed professional counselor in a secure and private online environment. Audible Escape is a monthly subscription that provides unlimited listening to thousands of love stories. UC Irvine Division of Continuing Education’s online courses offer convenience and flexibility and an immersive online classroom experience + collaboration.
For exclusive discounts and promo codes, listen to the episode or visit EditYourLifeShow.com.
Feeding kids is a fundamental part of parenting, but the particulars of getting everyone fed are onerous for so many parents. In Episode 172 Christine interviews Laura Fuentes about back-to-school food sanity. They cover both practical and emotional ground related to meal planning, picky eaters, and negativity around food. The goal: bringing sanity to breakfast, lunch, and dinner as our kids head back to school.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Parent Hacks (Asha’s book)
- Laura Fuentes: personal blog | MOMables.com (meal planning company) | YouTube channel
- Laura’s books: The Taco Tuesday Cookbook, The Best Homemade Kids’ Lunches on the Planet, The Best Grain-Free Family Meals on the Planet, The Best Homemade Kids’ Snacks on the Planet
- The sandwich that helped Laura Fuentes win Food Network!
- MOMables picky eater solutions
- MOMables playlist: lunch ideas (including 1 ingredient in different ways videos)
- MOMables video: top 5 thermos containers
- EasyLunchboxes (our favorite compartment-style lunchbox!)
- 6 Steps To Not Making Your Kids’s School Lunch Anymore (Boston Mamas)
- Edit Your Life Episode 160: Real Life Meal Planning with Jane Maynard
Question Of The Week
What’s your family’s favorite easy breakfast, lunch or dinner meal right now? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page—look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page.