This week’s episode is sponsored by Warby Parker, retailer of designer prescription eyewear at revolutionary prices. Tune in to the episode for special Edit Your Life listener discounts.
On November 6, Americans will have the opportunity to vote for a record number of women running for public office. One who burst onto the scene last year is former fighter pilot and mother of three Amy McGrath, the Democratic candidate for Kentucky’s 6th US House district. In Episode 136 of Edit Your Life, we rebroadcast Christine’s November 2017 interview with Amy. In this wide-ranging, personal conversation, Christine and Amy talk about finding and using your voice, how best to support kids, the pivotal moment that prompted Amy to run for Congress, and how she’s juggling the demands of family life while on the campaign trail.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Amy McGrath’s “Told Me” campaign announcement video
- Photo of Amy + Christine (behind Christine’s smile she is FREAKING OUT INSIDE)
- Amy McGrath For Congress website (her history, key issues, etc.)
- Should you feel inspired to donate to Amy McGrath’s campaign!
- Organizations working to support new/women candidates: Emily’s List, She Should Run, Emerge America, Run for Something
- Amy McGrath’s Chelsea Handler interview
- Lizzie Fletcher for Congress (Texas)
- Violet’s note
- Related Edit Your Life episode: Editing In Passion Projects
Question Of The Week
Which candidate do you hope wins their election on November 6? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page (look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page).
Get In Touch
- Email us at email@example.com
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.