This week’s episode is sponsored by LOLA, a female-founded company offering a line of organic cotton tampons, pads, liners, and all-natural cleansing wipes. For exclusive deals and promo codes from our sponsors, listen to the episode!
We love food. We love traditions. We love togetherness. But we don’t love the stress and feelings of obligation and comparison that can sneak into holiday meal preparation. In Episode 142 of Edit Your Life (recorded in-person in Asha’s living room!), Christine and Asha share simple ways to dial down the intensity around holiday food. They share shifts in mindset, planning tips, and easy holiday dishes that will help you focus on the fun, not the fuss.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Make Your Minimalist Holiday Manifesto (Boston Mamas)
- Six Ways Your Kids Can Pitch In This Thanksgiving (Parent Hacks)
- Community Servings (the organization Christine mentioned; outsource your pies for good…through their Pie In The Sky fundraiser, each $30 pie or donation provides a week’s worth of meals for a critically ill neighbor in need)
- Related episode: Episode 139: Nurturing Your Friendships
- Related episode: Episode 113: Non-Judgy Food Tips For Families [guest interview with Stacie Billis]
- Related episode: Episode 107: Simple Holiday Rituals
- Related episode: Episode 106: Guilt-Free Family Get-Togethers [Rebroadcast]
- Related episode: Episode 60: Less Is More Thanksgiving [Rebroadcast]
- Related episode: Episode 59: Relaxed Entertaining
- Related episode: Episode 14: Weekday Dinner Solutions
Question Of The Week
What’s your favorite holiday go-to recipe? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page (look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page).
Get In Touch
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.