Today’s episode is sponsored by University of California, Irvine’s Division of Continuing Education. Spring quarter is coming up and registration is open now! Today’s episode is also sponsored by Hopster, an award-winning learning and entertainment app for kids ages 2-6. For exclusive listener discounts and promo codes, listen to the episode!
Getting healthy dinners on the table takes energy and time, two things often in short supply. What do you do when you find yourself rooting around the kitchen at 6pm with slim pickings in the fridge and zero cooking inspiration? In Episode 155 of the Edit Your Life podcast, Asha and Christine share their favorite easy pantry dinners — meals that come together using ingredients from the pantry and freezer. They share ideas for simple, nourishing meals you can throw together at the end of a busy day without having to make an emergency run to the grocery store.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Instant Pot (electric pressure cooker that also works as a rice cooker)
- Foolproof Oven-Baked Brown Rice (Cook’s Illustrated)
- Bob’s Red Mill Creamy Potato Flakes (excellent, all-natural, easy mashed potatoes)
- A simple dal recipe (Vegetarian Times)
- The Six O’Clock Scramble Meal Planner (source of Asha’s favorite recipe using frozen green beans)
- Ravioli Lasagna recipe
- Marcella Hazan’s tomato sauce recipe
- Ree Drummond’s Simple, Perfect Chili recipe
- Related episode: Episode 112: Cookbooks We Love
- Related episode: Episode 80: Teaching Kids To Cook
- Related episode: Episode 14: Weekday Dinner Solutions
Question Of The Week
What are your go-to pantry- and freezer staples? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page — look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page.
Get In Touch
- Email us at email@example.com
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.