We’re grateful to the sponsor of this week’s episode; please support our show by checking them out! Myro is a naturally effective deodorant that looks as good as it smells. For an exclusive deal and promo code from Myro, tune into the episode!
“Voting with our wallets” sends powerful signals to the marketplace about our values and priorities, and has a real impact on lives around the world. In Episode 162 of the Edit Your Life podcast, Christine interviews Jane Mosbacher Morris, founder of the ethically-sourced shop To The Market and co-author of the new book, Buy The Change You Want To See. Christine and Jane talk about the paths that led to Jane’s work, simple ways to edit your spending to be socially conscious, how not all factories are equal or evil, and Jane’s favorite small and large brands who are doing business well.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- To The Market (Jane’s ethically-sourced marketplace)
- Buy The Change You Want to See (Jane’s book)
- Jane + Christine on the stage at Alt Summit (note the green pantsuit!)
- Kishe’s Women-Grown Blend (Jane’s recommended coffee blend)
- VF Corporation
- Some big box brands doing it well: The North Face, Gap, Target, Milly,Nanette Lepore
- Some of Jane’s small brand recommendations: Brave New World Designs, Mostess, Starfish Project jewelry, The Root Collective
Question Of The Week
What is your favorite socially-conscious brand, product, or shop? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page — look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page.