We’re grateful to the sponsors of this week’s episode: ModCloth offers unique clothing and accessories featuring an inclusive size range that celebrates all women. FabFitFun is a seasonal subscription box with full-size beauty, fitness, fashion, and lifestyle products.
Support our show by checking out our sponsors. For exclusive discounts and promo codes, listen to the episode or visit EditYourLifeShow.com.
Self-care is more than pedicures and herbal tea. It includes the stuff that may not be relaxing (or even pleasant) in the moment but is foundational to your health and well-being, and therefore your happiness. In Episode 165, Christine and I get real about our own self-care track records, and offer gentle encouragement to prioritize the self-care tasks that rarely make it onto the “treat yourself” lists.
Click “play” above to listen. If the player isn’t visible, listen directly at SoundCloud.com, or use a podcast app on your phone or tablet. Not sure how? Click here for directions.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Parent Hacks (Asha’s book)
- Ann Douglas (From Self-Neglect to Self-Compassion: A Health Transformation Journey: Ann Douglas’s weight loss story; Asha’s favorite book by Ann Douglas: Parenting Through the Storm; her new book is Happy Parent Happy Kids)
- Related episode: #24: Edit Your Financial Fears [guest interview with Sandra Gilpatrick]
- Related episode: #111: Tackling Adult Life Planning Basics
- Related episode: #139: Nurturing Your Friendships
- American Cancer Society’s Guideline for Colorectal Cancer Screening (it begins at age 45)
- Relevant health content via Christine’s website Boston Mamas: a guide to health screenings by age, 8 things to know about breast cancer, 10 things women should know about heart health, 6 things women need to know about osteoporosis, 12 things to know about menopause
- The story of Christine’s summer stress seizure (+ the recovery post)
Question Of The Week
What’s a non-spa self-care task on your list? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page — look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page.
Get In Touch
- Email us at email@example.com
- Find us on Instagram at @edityourlifeshow
- Use #EditYourLifeShow on all social channels!