Support our show by visiting our sponsors! BetterHelp is a convenient platform that allows you to connect with a licensed professional counselor in a secure and private online environment. UC Irvine Division of Continuing Education’s online courses offer convenience and flexibility and an immersive online classroom experience + collaboration.
For exclusive discounts and promo codes, listen to the episode or visit EditYourLifeShow.com.
The less-structured nature of summer can be wonderful, but it can also make it hard to prioritize your own needs and interests. In Episode 171, Christine and I talk about our collective desire, need, and intention to put ourselves back in the center. We discuss how the Summer of Self has played out in relation to work, recreation, self-care, family, local and far-flung adventures, home, and relationships.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Parent Hacks (Asha’s book)
- Edit Your Life Episode 168: Summer Plans
- Christine’s 2018 summer meltdown story
- Edit Your Life life skills series on Instagram (look for the blue styled tiles!)
- Boston Mamas long-form editorial/video life skills series (including the public transit life skills post Christine mentioned)
- Christine’s co-working space, The Wing
- Tennis and basketball with Laurel and Violet
- Food In A Bowl: Basics (The Lazy Genius Podcast, Ep. 107)
- Food In a Bowl: Flavors (The Lazy Genius Podcast, Ep. 108)
- Food In A Bowl: Hacks & How-To’s (The Lazy Genius Podcast, Ep. 109)
- Asha’s outdoor reading oasis (at which she has read Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders, How to Walk Away by Katherine Center, A Way to Garden by Margaret Roach, Off the Clock by Laura Vanderkam, Flash Count Diary by Darcy Steinke)
- Christine’s summer reads, part 1 (top picks include Next Year In Havana, Daisy Jones + The Six, Where The Crawdads Sing, Things You Save in a Fire)
- Christine and Laurel on their mother-daughter trip to California
Question Of The Week
What is one thing you have done for yourself—and delighted in—this summer? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page—look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page.