UC Irvine Division of Continuing Education’s 100% online courses offer convenience and flexibility and a real immersive online classroom experience + collaboration. Varsity Tutors connects students in person or online with expert instructors in anything from early reader phonics to SAT test prep to college courses. Friend of the pod, Sophia Bush, is launching her own show called Work in Progress, in which you’ll hear conversations with people who inspire Sophia about how they’ve gotten to where they are, and where they think they’re still going. Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts!
Support our show by visiting our sponsors! For exclusive discounts and promo codes, listen to the episode or visit EditYourLifeShow.com.
It’s time for another listener mailbag episode! Following Episode 169’s episode on listeners’ non-parenting questions—specifically, relationships, social media, and money—in Episode 175, Christine and I tackle a series of parenting questions spanning single-kid families, cooperative parenting arrangements, kids and friendship, and power struggles.
Question Of The Week
What’s something that helps your kid relax and de-stress? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page—look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Parent Hacks (Asha’s book)
- Episode 169: Relationships, Social Media + Money
- Episode 173: Self-Care Honor Roll
- Episode 95: Parenting Siblings
- Christine’s post on feeling like a failure around secondary infertility
- Stop Shaming Parents For Not Having a Second Kid (Boston Mamas thread)
- Enneagram type descriptions via The Enneagram Institute
- The Explosive Child by Ross Greene (a book Asha found helpful)
- Episode 170: Raising A Screen-Smart Kid [guest interview with Julianna Miner]