Support our show by checking out our sponsors! UC Irvine Division of Continuing Education’s 100% online courses offer convenience and flexibility and a real immersive online classroom experience + collaboration. Hello Fresh offers easy, seasonal recipes and pre-measured ingredients delivered right to your door.
For exclusive discounts and promo codes, listen to the episode or visit EditYourLifeShow.com.
The Edit Your Life inbox is brimming with episode requests related to dealing with difficult people. In Episode 176, Christine welcomes writer and psychotherapist Kristen Howerton for a lightning round episode on dealing with toxic people. Christine and Kristen cover conflict resolution with friends, toxic family members, dealing with strained family relationships when it involves caregiving of a parent, difficult co-workers, different political views, and how to deal with pretentious people in your circle of connections.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Parent Hacks (Asha’s book)
- Rage Against the Minivan: Kristen Howerton’s website + forthcoming book
- Selfie Podcast: Christine was a guest on Episodes 95 (introversion + self-care) + 99 (how the healthcare system sabotages our self-care)
- Out of the Fog: site to help loved ones of people who suffer from personality disorders
- Enneagram type descriptions via The Enneagram Institute
- What is the enneagram and why should you care? episode on the Selfie podcast
Question Of The Week
Do you have an effective coping strategy for dealing with difficult people? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page—look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page.