Even when—perhaps especially when—we’re suffering through a global pandemic, the positive everyday moments are crucial to keeping us going. In Episode 199, Christine talks to LaShawn Wiltz about embracing and capturing these moments. They talk about letting go of aspirational social media FOMO, tuning in to the beauty of capturing everyday moments, simple tactics to level up your photography, and sources of inspiration.
*Note that this episode was recorded right before COVID-19 shut everything down, so the pandemic does not factor into the conversation but the topic is relevant for right now as everyday moments are what we have to lean into in abundance.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Parent Hacks (Asha’s book)
- LaShawn Wiltz: website | Instagram | Facebook group | #CherishEveryday365 project with (the “wonderfully persuasive”) Jennifer Borget
- Edit Your Life Episode 187: Living Your Best Frugal Life with Amiyrah Martin
- Lucrecer Braxton (source of Christine’s first photo challenge)
- Jill Krause’s Picture Play (amazing photography tips and tricks e-book)
- LaShawn sources of inspiration on Instagram: Jill Krause (relatable family life), Ginger Unzueta (everyday motherhood moments), Jules Denby (color coordinated feed), Melissa of Freckled Mommy Blog (everyday moments, lots on her iPhone)
- LaShawn’s recommended easy photo printing services: Chatbooks, Artifact Uprising
Question Of The Week
What’s one everyday moment that you delighted in this week? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page—look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page.