Support our show by visiting our sponsors. Kyrgies is a purveyor of indoor shoes made of handcrafted wool felt by artisans in Kyrgyzstan. BetterHelp is a convenient platform that allows you to connect with a licensed professional counselor in a secure and private online environment. For exclusive discounts and promo codes, listen to the episode or visit EditYourLifeShow.com.
Well, wow, 200 EPISODES! While COVID-19 threw a wrench in traditional celebratory planning, this episode is a celebration in itself. In Episode 200, Christine and Asha reflect on the milestone and have an open conversation about what life is like right now; the good, bad, and the ugly. Because hello, real life! Thank you for being with us on the journey.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Parent Hacks (Asha’s book)
- Christine’s mask making tutorial
- When the Small Things Are Everything (Catherine Newman’s lovely piece on A Cup of Jo)
- Things that are sustaining Christine right now: Songland; favorite books read during the pandemic (we recommend buying all these books through the new woman-owned bookstore Nowhere Bookshop: The Testaments by Margaret Atwood + Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston + The Chicken Sisters by KJ Dell’Antonia); John Krasinski’s Some Good News
- Things that are sustaining Asha right now: Nowhere Bookshop (Author Jenny Lawson’s new brick-and-mortar bookshop in San Antonio, TX, currently selling online) + why it felt so good for Asha to buy books there; Glennon Doyle on Instagram, and her new book Untamed; Elizabeth Gilbert on Instagram, and her book Big Magic, Creative Nonfiction Magazine (host of Asha’s online class)
- Related episodes: Episode 198: Dealing With Disappointment, Episode 196: Surviving Quarantine Cooking, Episode 192: How To Increase Your Election Impact When You’re Exhausted, Episode 31: Busting Through Paper Clutter (guest interview with Erin Doland)
- Voting-related resources: Postcards to Voters, Vote.org (find out your state’s vote by mail process), Asha’s Democracy Club
Question Of The Week
What’s one good thing that has happened during COVID-19? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page—look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page.