Compromise in relationships can be hard — really hard — whether you tend to be in the position of wanting to win all the battles or the position of rolling over. In Episode 28 of Edit Your Life, Christine interviews her therapist husband Jonathan about how to identify what kind of compromiser you are, the importance of being honest and articulating what you want (both to yourself and to your partner), negotiation tactics, and why it’s actually powerful to be vulnerable and ask for help.
Talk to us
We’d love to hear which of our tips you’re putting into action. Tell us so we can issue you a high five!
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at email@example.com
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Jonathan Baxter LMHC
- The power of compromise (in which Christine admits what a poor compromiser she used to be)
Episode 25: Taming Your Inner Rebel
- Episode 23: Prioritizing Your Partner/Spouse
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.