Extracurriculars are a tricky thing; they can be awesome for your kids but also totally overwhelming to the family system, especially if signing up comes from a place of comparison, statistically unsound professional dreams, or your own childhood baggage. Episode 29 of Edit Your Life is the first in a two-part series on extracurriculars. In this episode, Christine and Asha discuss the etiology of extracurricular pressure and share 9 tips for editing out the pressure and following the genuine interests of your kids.
Talk to us
We’d love to hear which of our tips you’re putting into action. Tell us so we can issue you a high five!
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at email@example.com
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Turning the tide: Inspiring concern for others and the common good through college admissions (Harvard)
- How to raise a creative child. Step one: Back off (NY Times)
- How likely is it, really, that your athletic kid will turn pro? (NPR)
- Probability of competing in sports beyond high school (NCAA)
- Estimated probability of competing in professional athletics (NCAA)
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.