All moms are working moms, but there’s undoubtedly another level of juggling and chaos when you need to report to an employer. In Episode 42, Christine interviews Genevieve Thiers, founder of Sittercity.com (and Sittercity’s latest venture Chime), mom of twins, and opera singer (for real!). Christine and Genevieve discover some bizarre life parallels before diving into some of Genevieve’s favorite working mom hacks, spanning school events, appointments, commuting, schedules, single parenthood, guilt, judgement at work, and self-care. She also talks with candor about spectrum disorders.
And friends, if you’re looking for a great sitter in Boston, Chicago, New York or Washington DC, visit hellochime.com and use promo code LIFEHACK to receive your first sitting for free (covers 3 hours). If you live anywhere else, you can always rely upon Sittercity to find a great caregiver in your area too! Your first month of premium access to Sittercity is always free. Thanks for sponsoring today’s episode, Chime!
Talk to us
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Food delivery services: Instacart (groceries) + Grubhub (restaurants/take-out)
- Google Hangout + Facetime for “being” at school events
- Mom 2.0 Summit
- Jessica Ashley of Single Mom Nation
- Beauty services: Drybar (professional blow outs) + Pretty Quick (beauty services app)
- TaskRabbit (errand running services)
- Delivery services: Postmates (on-demand courier service) + Schlep (large item delivery)
- EYL Episode 26: How To Get Kids To Do Chores
- EYL Episode 38: Prioritizing “Me” Time
- EYL Episode 39: Solving Common Fitness Pitfalls
Mega-props to this episode’s sponsor!
And here’s a message from this episode’s sponsor, Chime by Sittercity:
Chime is the first on-demand service and app for finding, scheduling, and paying for an outstanding babysitter. Chime is from Sittercity, the trusted expert source and pioneer in online childcare. Sitters on Chime are handpicked by Sittercity. Each goes through a thorough vetting process, which includes an application, in-person interview, enhanced background check, identity verification, and a social media screening. Chime is now available online or via the App Store for New York City, Chicago, Boston, and Washington D.C., with other major metro areas to launch in the coming months. To find out more or to book a sitter in your area, visit hellochime.com or sittercity.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.