We’re one month out from the election and it’s been an emotional and tumultuous time for many people. And many of us are at a point where we’re acknowledging where we are, educating ourselves, and taking action. In Episode 62, Christine and Asha share 9 ideas for how to move forward — these ideas apply to every American, regardless of politics.
Talk to us
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Parent Hacks
- How To Effectively Lobby Your Congressperson (The Slot)
- This Is What Happens When We Stop Paying For Quality Journalism (Asha’s Medium piece)
- National Review, The Weekly Standard, Wall Street Journal (Reputable conservative news sources recommended to Asha by Medium commenters)
- The Way Forward (Christine’s post the day after the 2016 election)
- The Day I Was Told To Leave America (It Was Just Last Week) (Christine’s challenging exchange + a slew of resources for organizations that need support)
- Charity Navigator (a helpful website for vetting charities)
- Asha’s birthday gifts from her family: donations to Southern Poverty Law Center, Sierra Club, and ProPublica + a subscription to the Washington Post
- 30 Service Projects To Help Bring Extended Families Back Together – No Matter How They Voted (a great collection of ideas curated by Asha and Melissa Sher)
- Edit Your Life Episode 38: Prioritizing “Me” Time
- E-mail action prompt recommendations: Wall Of Us (4 acts of resistance per week, recommended by Christine and Asha’s friend Alice Bradley), League of Bad Ass Women (daily action prompts, recommended by Christine and Asha’s friend Jeannine Harvey), Flippable (turn America blue by flipping seats, recommended by Asha!), a weekly action list for Democrats, Independents, and Republicans of conscience, recommended by Christine and Asha’s friend Stefania Pomponi), Do A Thing (“unambitious but doable” prompts, recommended by Christine’s friend Lila), re:act (a once a week email, recommended by Christine and Asha’s friend Caleb Gardner), civic owl, take action on the articles you read, recommended by Christine’s friend Dom)
- Brave New World Designs (Christine’s new t-shirt shop; 20% of the proceeds for each shirt go to different charities; use code UNICORNSQUAD by 12/31/2016 for 10% off your order)
- Dear President Trump: Letters From Kids About Kindness
- Look up your representative by ZIP Code at house.gov, and your senator by State at senate.gov
- Caleb Gardner’s printable Personal Impact Canvas (A tool to help if you want to make a difference but don’t know where to start)
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.