So here’s the thing: we all know it’s a good thing to get kids in the kitchen, but the prospect of food mess and management can be daunting. In Episode 80, Christine and Asha talk about 10 tips for teaching kids to find inspiration in the kitchen and get cooking — notably, in a low stress way spanning toddler through teens. Because hello, move-out skills.
Click “play” above to listen. If the player isn’t visible, listen directly at SoundCloud.com, or use a podcast app on your phone or tablet. Not sure how? Click here for directions.
Talk to us
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Parent Hacks
- Episode 26: How To Get Kids To Do Chores
- Episode 32: Letting Kids Experience Risk
- Christine’s Instagram (includes lots of food photos!)
- Christine’s daughter Violet frosting a cake
- Asha’s Parent Hacks Instagram
- Kids with knives: part 1 and part 2
- Zyliss plastic knife (a starter option for kids)
- Food inspiration: Kids Baking Championship, MasterChef Junior, Food Network Magazine, Buzzfeed cooking videos
- Asha recommends these recipes for Quick, easy pizza dough and Vietnamese Salad Rolls
- Episode 4: School Lunch Solutions
- Episode 14: Weekday Dinner Solutions
- Episode 35: Teaching Kids About Money
- Episode 59: Relaxed Entertaining
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.