It’s been 7 months since the presidential election and, yup, everything is still super stressful. In Episode 86 of Edit Your Life, Christine and Asha offer perspective on the ups and downs of activism and offer ideas for how to manage the intense, persistent stress of the current political climate.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Parent Hacks
- Edit Your Life Episode 62: A Post-Election Action Plan
- Edit Your Life Episode 82: Mother’s Day Reflections
- Brave New World Designs (Etsy shop) + Instagram account (where you can see lots of great customer photos)
- A recent sewer-level heading that triggered Christine into a spiral (via Forbes)
- Dan Rather’s Facebook page (and also News and Guts)
- R. Eric Thomas of ELLE (whose Maxine Waters article inspired Christine’s Maxine Waters design…and also see this Justin Trudeau/Barack Obama article)
- Christine’s photo of the Zakim Bridge
- The flowers Asha sent (that made Christine cry like a baby)
- Edit Your Life Episode 38: Prioritizing “Me” Time
- Resistbot (activism made crazy easy)
- Capitol Switchboard phone number: 202-224-3121
Question Of The Week
What helps you manage political stress? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page (look for the Question Of The Week post)!
Get In Touch
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.