Jobs aren’t always the most fun but they are really, really important. In Episode 87 of Edit Your Life, Christine and Asha discuss 9 reasons why kids should get jobs, spanning both the realities of learning how to manage money and the incredible life skills that can be garnered through work.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Parent Hacks
- Five Reasons Kids Should Work (Boston Mamas)
- 7 Job Skills You Can Prepare Your Kids For Now (Boston Mamas — this post was inspired by our recording of this episode!)
- Sheila Corkery Jewelry (where Laurel made her important purchase)
- Asha’s gorgeous, grown up teens!
- Brave New World Designs (where Christine’s girls help in the studio)
- Edit Your Life Episode 26: How to Get Kids to Do Chores
- Edit Your Life Episode 86: Managing Political Stress
Question Of The Week
What was your first job like? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page (look for the Question Of The Week post)!
Get In Touch
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.