Support our show by checking out our sponsors! UC Irvine Division of Continuing Education’s 100% online courses offer convenience and flexibility and a real immersive online classroom experience + collaboration. Varsity Tutors connects students in person or online with expert instructors in anything from early reader phonics to SAT test prep to college courses.
For exclusive discounts and promo codes, listen to the episode or visit EditYourLifeShow.com.
Back-to-school season feels like a distant memory, and now many families are feeling the weight of school achievement pressure. In Episode 178, Christine and I rebroadcast an episode from the archives and add fresh perspective as parents of a third grader, high school sophomore, high school junior, and college sophomore.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Parent Hacks (Asha’s book)
- Episode 174: Raising Teenagers (interview with Mary Dell Harrington)
- Episode 29: Editing Extracurricular Pressure
- Episode 30: Parenting Passionate Kids
- Episode 125: Serendipity Space [Rebroadcast]
- Related episodes: Episode 10: How To Handle Homework; Episode 51: Sane Sports Parenting; Episode 81: Reducing High School + College Stress [guest interview with Gabrielle Blair]; Episode 121: Choosing The Right College [guest interview with Lisa Heffernan]
Question Of The Week
What is your kid’s biggest school-related pressure? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page—look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page.