Today’s episode is sponsored by Audible, a leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment. For exclusive deals and promo codes from our sponsors, listen to the episode!
Winter is for curling up with a good book, movie, TV show, or podcast. (Do you curl up with your podcasts? Let’s start that trend!) We love hearing our friends’ recommendations for must-read/see/hear entertainment, so we thought we’d pay it forward and tell you about our current favorites. In Episode 145 of Edit Your Life, Christine and Asha share what they’re reading, watching, and listening to right now.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- 45 Must-Read Books (Boston Mamas)
- 10 Tips for Preserving Holiday Mental Health (Boston Mamas)
- 6 Tips for Holiday Self-Care (Boston Mamas)
- 12 Ways to Reduce Holiday Stress (Boston Mamas)
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah (an audiobook Christine is thinking of listening to and Asha CONCURS)
- The Alice Network by Kate Quinn
- Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult
- Girls Burn Brighter by Shobha Rao
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- All We Ever Wanted by Emily Giffin
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Comfort in an Instant by Melissa Clark
- Vegetable Gardening in the Pacific Northwest (Asha lives in Portland, Oregon…hence the regional pick)
- Thirst by Scott Harrison
- Ray Donovan on Showtime
- House of Cards on Netflix
- Great British Baking Show on PBS or Netflix
- Luther on BBC America or Netflix
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon
- Planet Earth II on BBC Earth or Netflix
- The Habitat (Gimlet)
- The Martian by Andy Weir (this book inspired Christine to listen to The Habitat)
- Science Vs. (Gimlet)
- Episode 144: Favorite Ways To Give
- Episode 143: Editing Your Holiday Gift List [Rebroadcast]
- Episode 142: Easier Holiday Food
- Previous Media and Entertainment Favorites episodes: Vol. 1, Vol. 2, Vol. 3, Vol. 4, Vol. 5
Also: Help us plan Edit Your Life 2019! Please take a moment to fill out our quick listener survey — we would truly appreciate your input, which will help us tailor our future episodes to topics you find most helpful.
Question Of The Week
What are you reading, watching and listening to right now? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page (look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page).
Get In Touch
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.