Today’s episode is sponsored by Miraclesuit, online purveyor of stylish, colorful control swimwear for all body types and sizes. Today’s episode is also sponsored by Harper Wilde, a company that will help you find the perfect-fitting bra in the comfort of your own home. For special discounts and promo codes from our sponsors, listen to the episode!
Many of us have multiple racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds in our families. How do we share these rich cultural traditions with our kids while also enjoying the mainstream observations and celebrations of day-to-day American life? In Episode 159 of the Edit Your Life podcast, we respond to a listener’s question by sharing our own thoughts and experiences about growing up—and now parenting—in multicultural families. We talk about the gifts and complexities of identity, and then go on to share simple ways to increase cultural awareness in everyday life.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Good Talk (Mira Jacob’s new graphic memoir)
- H Mart Korean supermarket (opening in Portland, Oregon this Spring!)
- Lingodeer & Duolingo language apps
- Korean Class 101 (the online resource Christine is using for conversational Korean)
- Christine’s triple fusion tacos
- Matzo brei recipe (look for matzo in your grocery store)
- Beyond Curry (One of my favorite Indian cookbooks)
Question Of The Week
What’s your favorite way to connect with your family’s cultural heritage? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page — look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page.
Get In Touch
- Email us at email@example.com
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.